Wednesday 14 September 2011

Dead Island.

This will be my first blog on games, so a quick explanation is in order.

This is no game review blog, it's just a few quick opinions on games that are released.. Any way, less of the shit and on with the show, eh?

So Dead Island. Well, it released last week and I got it via Steam. It was broken, but it's now pretty much fixed. Personally I had no issues with it but then I play strictly on PC and this is a PC game at heart. So, without further ado let's get on with it ! Note - this will be the format, in brief, of how I see the game.

Likes -

It's different. It's kind of like Far Cry 2, far prettier and far less insipid. It allows far more free roam than FC2 and adds a few new things into the mix that have been pinched from various games.

It's quite obviously a B title and no doubt will gather a cult following. This is one of the main reasons I like it so much, as it isn't perfect. It also doesn't have that highly turd polished feel to it, nor a corporate feel. This is good, man.

It's fucking gorgeous.

It has lots of cool weapons, but it also requires some tact and skill. It's a dangerous island and brings with it some tough enemies. The harder enemies will level up as you do to keep things on an even keel. It also makes sure that this game does not roll over and die and, like other RPGs become a complete cakewalk.

Dislikes -

Are the weapons made from fucking balsa wood? seriously, what the fuck gives? a sickle is made for hacking through vegetation. It should not and would not break after hitting a human about five times. The weapons wear out far too quickly and if I'm brutally frank become fucking useless.

The voice acting is terrible, and the characters feel the constant need to keep fucking repeating themselves. "I wonder what is in here". I could tell you that myself you vapid bitch, the same fucking thing that was in the other twenty boxes you already looked in. Assorted shit.

The inventory is pretty basic and every time you want to look at the map in it you have to open it and then move to the map. This is pretty annoying really as sometimes map checking needs to be constant as the levels can be rather maze like.

That's about it really. I will tend to skip through the horse shit and get down to the goody with my blogs on games. This should save you a ton of time having a look through my opinions.

A score? hmm. I don't really dig scores but fuck it, let's do that.

I give Dead Island a 8.5/10. Try to remember though I liked Duke Nukem Forever. I like sticking up for the little guy and this game is the little guy. There is, however, a very big game to be had here for not a lot of money. From what I hear experts can bash this thing out in 22 hours of solid play. That sounds like value to me, though to be honest I've put in more than ten and I'm about 12 % through it. Make of that what you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment