Wednesday 14 September 2011

Hard Reset early thoughts.

Well fuck me this one came out of nowhere. I don't really know much about its background, nor if it is available on multiple formats. What I do know is that I like it. A lot. Even after only thirty minutes of play I can say this game is truly a breath of fresh air in a polluted filthy game world.

Why do I like it? It cuts through the fucking shit and gets down to the goody straight away. No fucking around, no stupid fucking storys, no waffle and beans.

Quick intro, hands you a gun and lets  you get the fuck on with what counts - slaughtering anything in your way. It doesn't go through countless unskippable cut scenes and shows itself for what it is, a FPS. God how I have missed that. Story telling in 99% of games is fucking awful. These are not movie directors here, you know? Fallout 3 and New Vegas were the last games I played with a good story. Crysis 2 was fucking weak.

Any way, it's also very very pretty and only weighs in around the 3.5gb mark installed. Why can't all games fucking be like this? More to come soon, but the game is basic and hard core, so apart from a brief rundown on weapons there shouldn't be too much to say apart from get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment